A blog of grumpiness, stilts and skin.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Grumpy see, Grumpy do

Well, this morning the guy I do most of my work for (I refuse to call him my boss, as that would be too ghastly to contemplate - and anyway, I have lots of other clients - like you, dear reader!) swans in tanned from his latest sojourn overseas.

I, of course, had been downstairs mailing Christmas pressies to Queensland, so reversing his impression of me as a lazy bum was not going to be easy.

On my return, I noticed that the door I had carefully closed behind me was now slightly ajar. Cringe. Snap decision. I'll head the cheetah (as he shall henceforth here be known) off at the pass.

"Happy birthday, Cheetah!" I extolled, grabbing him heartily by the hand and shaking vigorously. "And welcome back to Emerald City!"

Puzzled that I knew it was his birthday, Cheetah traded pleasantries with me until he could re-capture his devilish train of thought.

A drunk railway conductor could have reminded him what train that was, because before long our little interaction had turned down a familiar siding.

"You've been here a while now, Grumpy. How many xs do you produce each day? Y xs, heh? Using my Mumbai physics degree to tally them up, let's see, that's 7y per week, and let's say 30y per month. Hmmm."

Then on cue, the usual advice on what I should be doing, followed by my usual retort, "that is what I'm doing", followed by his well-worn skip out the door and, "I'll be around the office all day, drop back soon".

That was three hours ago. As our office is a 12x9 feet cubicle, I doubt I'll see the sap-sucking bludger for the rest of the day.

5 Comments:

Blogger hazelblackberry said...

BA Calcutta (Failed), eh?

Monday, December 12, 2005

 
Blogger Grump Les Tiltskin said...

or BA Baracus;-)

Monday, December 12, 2005

 
Blogger Quirkie said...

Aww sweet. They wink at each other.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

 
Blogger Grump Les Tiltskin said...

Then they put the lotion on its skin.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

 
Blogger Quirkie said...

Eeew. My profile pic matches my actual expression.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home