A blog of grumpiness, stilts and skin.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Holland, El Salvador, Bucknor

While picking up tonight's dinner, who should I bump into down at Woolworths but Jamaican cricket umpire, Steve Bucknor.

Cutting a fine figure in his beige chino slacks, off-white International Cricket Council polo, and cream Greg Chappell hat, Bucknor will tomorrow add to his world record 102 Test matches.

While waiting to pay for his cashews, portello grapes and slab of water melon, Bucknor said he was looking forward to officiating at Perth's WACA ground when South Africa locks horns with Australia.

Bucknor is the only person to have presided over both a cricket and football international, having refereed Holland vs El Salvador in a world cup football qualifier in 1988.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Burp said...

Dare I ask...did he tell you this amazing fact or was it something your sports brain had stored away...?

I've said it before and I will say it again..and probably again and again...I will never understand mens affinity with sports and facts...

Yet they will never remember a birthday, anniversary or to pick up some milk on the way home.

I'm sure GSS you are the exception.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

 
Blogger Grump Les Tiltskin said...

TB

Na, I found those tidbits floating around cyberspace.

I did meet say g'day to Bucky, though!

And thanks for the comment, which reminded me to take the groceries out of the work fridge before I go home.

Now I can cook a tastey, nutricious, meal for HBB tonight before I knuckle down to her ironing for next week, and darn her socks:-)

Thursday, December 15, 2005

 
Blogger hazelblackberry said...

Why are you saying darn to my socks? Nothing wrong with my socks.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home