A blog of grumpiness, stilts and skin.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Jabba the Hutt

I'm back in Australia, having seen the new year in with Prince Leonard, Princess Shirley, their sons Crown Prince Ian and Prince Wayne, and various minor royals, of the principality of Hutt River Province.

I, in fact, was the only interloper on hand when the clock chimed midnight. But the royal family's hospitality made me feel like I was a royal too.

A neighbour of the prince's even took me pig shooting. But we encountered no feral pigs - just some bunnies, foxes and a big red 'roo.

And no, I didn't get amongst the shooting. I'm a city-slicker who just went along for the ride. Fascinating stuff, though.

Prince Wayne also went out hunting - with family friend Mick. At one stage they were confronted by a wall of feral hog - one hundred of the cranky buggers, charging their vehicle.

But no guns for Prince Wayne. He lets the dogs bail the wild tuskers up, jumps out and hog-ties them himself for a later rendezvous at the dinner table.

That's tough.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Quirkie said...

Any tougher; they'd rust.

Since you're in with The Royals and all, I feel a little name dropping is in order. Did you know that my cousin used to go out with Prince Leonard's grand-daughter?

Well, now you do.

[Hoges wink with Khoisan click]

Sunday, January 01, 2006

 
Blogger Grump Les Tiltskin said...

What is this, live webchat? :-)

I met one of Prince Leonard's grand-daughters last night. I wonder if she was the same one?

Sunday, January 01, 2006

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home