A blog of grumpiness, stilts and skin.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Wax on, wax off

I've just returned from my lunchtime stroll to the wide, brackish Swan.

I like it down there by the bell tower. It's always sunny and salty and, because the tower is a white elephant, empty.

Anyhow, on the way down there, I saw a mob about to stoke up a game of that new thing the kids are playing that's kinda like touch football, but with a frisbee. I think it's called 'extreme disk' or something equally as rad.

And yes, I'd like to give it a go. But it took me 23 years to learn how to play touch footy properly, so they can get knotted.

As I passed by, some guy - let's call him Mitch - yelled out to another on the opposing side, "Hey, Squidring, take Jenny under your wing will ya, and show her how to throw properly?"

Mitch then hurled the frisbee at Jenny, who nabbed it with her left hand and flung it 25 metres onto the chest of a player in space, who flicked the disk to another behind the tryline for a score.

Jenny-san learn quickly.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Burp said...

Sounds Rad!!

Hey Hazel?

Friday, January 20, 2006

 
Blogger Grump Les Tiltskin said...

Apologies for stealing your word, ladies.

Bogus.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home