A blog of grumpiness, stilts and skin.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Resistable Force

Yeah, I joined 37,036 other rugby fans at Subiaco for the Western Force's first-ever game last night.

The Force lost 25-10 to their more experienced opposition from Australia's well-fed capital.

Though the Force backs weren't very zippy (with the exception of Digby Ioane who looked dangerous all night), and the team tired badly in the last 20 minutes, their forwards played well, particularly in the scrum. And the men in ocean blue will get better.

However, after all the hype in the years leading up to the game, I left the ground feeling underwhelmed. While the crowd was vocal, and the night balmy, it was all very Dalkeith.

Until I can afford a house up there, I think I'll stick to the mighty Dockers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home