A blog of grumpiness, stilts and skin.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Coogee Coogee Coo

Pitifully, because we've lived down the road from it for the past 2 years, I visited Coogee Beach for the first time this morning.

No, not the more famous Coogee beach, south of Bondi, in Sydney. But Coogee beach in Cockburn city, south of Fremantle. The Cockburn version is pronounced Coo (as in what a pigeon says)-gee, rather than Coo (as in Cood I, please, please, Cood I!?!)-gee. And in case you're wondering, the 'ck' in Cockburn is silent.

Anyway, Coogee won me over. With its twin jetties, clear still water, and lack of pretension (for the time being), it just leapfrogged Port Beach as my favourite in WA.

(Why for the time being? Australand has started building a stinking big marina development adjacent. It could work out okay, but who knows?)

The Coogee Beach festival is on tomorrow. Haze, the kayaks and I are a good chance of attending.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home