A blog of grumpiness, stilts and skin.

Friday, April 07, 2006

I can't get behind a student driver.

Dunno if you've heard the grumpy old men style song by William Shatner and Henry Rollins called, "I can't get behind that".

At one point in the song, The Shat bemoans, "Six to eight weeks delivery - I can't get behind that!"

Well, as it turns out, two nights ago Haze and I bought a Subaru (not a WRX like K&D's, which is lifting the value of our driveway as I tap), but a shiny new silver Outback. I'm sure you can see where this is heading.

Yesterday I got the call. "You still want silver? That six, eight week."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You kinow, Grumps, the last people that babysat Ruby Rex also bought a subaru; I'm going to call the company and ask for a finder's fee.(PS coming to pick it up on Tuesday)

Friday, April 07, 2006

 
Blogger hazelblackberry said...

Hells bells - hope we have time to get it back from the panelbeater by then.

Friday, April 07, 2006

 
Blogger Grump Les Tiltskin said...

Bugger, K. I was planning a weekend spin out to Eucla for some cross-border Dukes of Hazards-style action.

When you go down to Subaru to ask for that spotter's fee, could you also ask 'em where my silver Outback is?

Friday, April 07, 2006

 
Blogger Grump Les Tiltskin said...

Our driveway misses that WRX.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home